AMAA Mission Around the World
The Armenian Missionary Association of America (AMAA) is a nonprofit charitable organization serving as the missionary arm of the Armenian Evangelical Church worldwide. At its heart, the AMAA promotes the spiritual growth and development of the Armenian people. Standing firmly in its Christian faith, and devoting itself to Christian mission, it:
- Acts as an Armenian Evangelical missionary organization.
- Encourages missionary interests.
- Promotes fellowship between the Armenian Evangelical Churches and the Armenian people throughout the world.The AMAA focuses its missionary efforts worldwide on eight primary areas:
The AMAA, the cornerstone of Armenian education for many decades, supports 24 Armenian Evangelical schools around the world. The AMAA also faithfully supports the Haigazian University in Beirut, Lebanon, the only institution of Higher Education in the Diaspora. The AMAA remains dedicated to providing our children and youth an education and the opportunity toward a more promising future.
With the support of our members and partnering with our union churches and evangelical organizations, the AMAA continues to work with over 150 churches in 24 countries around the world.
- Humanitarian Needs
The AMAA’s humanitarian relief, education, medical, and spiritual programs benefit men, women and children in 24 countries around the world.
- Child & Orphan Care/Child Sponsorship Programs in Armenia and Middle East – Helping and supporting over 2,000 children participate in sports, education, Christmas programs and camps.
- Armenian Children’s Milk Fund – Providing baby formula for over 600 babies annually.
Two Day Centers in, Armenia – Providing social services, tutorial services, art classes, Christian Education and other services.
- Health Care – Providing free medical services to the underpriviledged.
- Syrian Relief – Urgent Call providing funds for food, medicine, education and housing relief to Armenians affected by civil strife.
- Summer Camps – The AMAA sponsors 9 camps worldwide – 1 in Armenia, 2 in France, 1 in Iran, 1 in Karabagh, 1 in Lebanon, 1 in Syria and 2 in the United States.
Armenian Missionary Association of America
Cordially invites you
Ninety-Sixth Annual Meeting Banquet
100 Years: The Miracle of Survival
AMAA’s past Executive Secretaries and Directors
Rev. Haroutune Selimian
President of the Armenian Evangelical Community in Syria
Master of Ceremonies
Dr. Jerry Manoukian
Tatev Amiryan, Pianist, Composer
Seda Kizirian, Mezzo-Soprano
Saturday, October 17, 2015
San Francisco Airport Marriot Waterfront
1800 Old Bayshore Hwy., Burlingame, CA
AMAA 96th Annual Meeting Banquet
Valina Agbabian, Chair
LindaKay Abdulian • Marian Manoukian
Martha Abdulian Missirlian • Jerry Manoukian
Nora Balabanian • Sevan Palanjian
Armen Beylerian • Arsine Phillips
Hilda Cherekdjian • Sona Plavjian
Virginia Gardner • Yr. Alice Sarafian
Margo Gulesserian • Haygo Shahbazian
Aline Gulesserian Richards • Margi Shamlian
Rita Kablanian • Marina Sweeney
Seta Karamardian • Seta Tujian
Liza Karamardian Carter • Rima Yenikomshian • Vana Khanjian